Monday, October 29, 2007

‘Royal Family’ plans special announcement


Producers of the smash hit “Welcome to the (Royal) Family” will greet reporters at 9 a.m. Saturday at Buckingham Gate outside Buckingham Palace to announce an exciting twist to the upcoming two-hour finale.

“We can’t wait to tell viewers the jolly good news,” said Hyacinth Marple-Holmes, executive producer.

With rumours swirling all around them about a special royal guest star, the final three contestants spent the past few days preparing for their final challenges – including a limousine obstacle course, sacking a member of the household staff and dodging paparazzi after a supposedly secret (and wild) night on the town.

George Tompkins, Rosalind Watkins and Mary Willoughby remain in the running.

“We challenged them thus far, no doubt, but nothing will top this week’s activities,” said Nigel Arthur, features editor for The Independent.

“I can’t believe I’ve made it this far,” Tompkins said. “My wife calls me every day to wish me good luck, but I think she’s a bit worried that one of the pretty girls will catch my eye.”

“Mum and Dad invite the whole family over every week to watch,” Watkins said.

“Everyone at the restaurant wears T-shirts they made to cheer for me,” Willoughby said.
Viewership of “Welcome to the (Royal) Family” surpasses even that of “East Enders” on BBC One, which draws millions of Britons every week.

No comments: